Monday 8 April 2013

Travel week!

Mike and I are a few days into our travel week, so it may be a while before posting again...

This past weekend we figured out how to take the train to New York and met my parents for a weekend. We had such a great time! I can't believe it's been 13 years since I was there last, and I loved this time in the city even more. We stayed near Chinatown, and walked everywhere! We saw some amazing sights...here's the highlights:
  • Walking the Brooklyn Bridge
  • Wall Street
  • Battery Park (still under major construction from Sandy damage)
  • Taking the subway to Queens to see a Mets game
  • Grand Central Station
  • NY Library
  • Rockefeller Plaza
  • Taking a carousel ride in Bryant Park
  • Walking through Times Square at night - I couldn't believe how much it'd changed in 13 years - it's cleaned up well!
  • Eating dinner at the first pizzeria in the US - Lombardi's
  • Touring the 9/11 Memorial - wow, a really emotional sight
  • Getting asked about buying knockoffs on Canal Street - sketch, but I was really tempted!
 I really can't believe how much we were able to pack into 2 days! Here are a couple pics we were able to take. Note in the first that Freedom Tower (being built on the WTC site) is nearly complete in the background.





Next up: New Orleans tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment